French President Emmanuel Macron confirmed on Monday that Israeli airstrikes on a hospital in Gaza are unacceptable, calling on Israel to “respect international law.” These strikes resulted in the death of at least 20 people, including five journalists. Macron stated in a post on X after a phone call with the Emir of Qatar: “Civilians and journalists must be protected under all circumstances. Media must be able to perform their duties freely and independently to cover the truth of the conflict,” according to AFP. The French president added that “starving an entire people is a crime that must stop immediately.” Previously, former US President Donald Trump expressed his displeasure over the Israeli strike on the Nasser Medical Complex, noting he was not aware of the attack beforehand.

When asked about the strike at the White House on Monday, Trump said, “I didn’t know about that.” He added, “Well, I’m not happy about it. I don’t want to see that. At the same time, we have to end this nightmare.” The Israeli army acknowledged bombing the Nasser hospital and said the Chief of Staff ordered an investigation.