The Israeli occupation army escalated its military movements in southern Syria over recent hours through a series of incursions in the rural areas of Damascus and Quneitra, culminating in raids and control over a strategic site.
According to Syria TV correspondent on Monday, an Israeli military force consisting of 11 vehicles and more than 60 personnel infiltrated the town of Beit Jinn in western Damascus countryside on Monday morning before imposing control over Tal Bat Al-Warda on the slopes of Mount Hermon.
Local sources from Beit Jinn told Syria TV that the occupation forces demanded residents via loudspeakers to send people to talk to them. About 20 people headed towards Tal Beit Jinn, after which Israeli forces fired shots near them and asked them to leave.
Earlier that day, an Israeli force entered the village of Ain Al-Abed in southern Quneitra countryside and stormed the Al-Qantar military detachment, conducting searches before withdrawing. Other forces infiltrated the eastern Tal Ahmar area and the town of Manshiyat Suwaisa, searching civilians’ homes under the pretext of looking for wanted individuals.
The towns of Bureij and Bir Ajam in Quneitra countryside witnessed Israeli incursions on Sunday, during which forces took control of the internal security post in Bureij and arrested a civilian. Occupation patrols also searched passersby and restricted their movements.
Later on the same day, another force infiltrated Ain Al-Abed village, storming and searching a house.
Simultaneously with the field incursions, the Israeli army spokesperson in Arabic, Avichay Adraee, posted on his X platform page that “the Defense Forces carried out several night operations in southern Syria.”
Adraee said the operation, whose details were not disclosed, was a continuation of an operation by the Golan Brigade 474 of the 210th Division last week, aiming to seize weapons, arrest suspects, and interrogate them in southern Syria.
Hours after the Israeli incursions in the Damascus and Quneitra countryside, the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement strongly condemning the military operation carried out by occupation forces in Beit Jinn and their control over Tal Bat Al-Warda on the slopes of Mount Hermon.
The statement said the operation was conducted by a large military force “consisting of eleven vehicles and about two hundred soldiers,” considering it a “flagrant violation of the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic and the unity of its lands.”
The ministry affirmed that this escalation “poses a direct threat to regional peace and security and once again embodies the aggressive approach that the occupation authorities have persistently followed, in blatant defiance of international law and legitimate international resolutions, especially those affirming respect for the sovereignty of states and non-interference in their internal affairs.”
The Syrian Foreign Ministry also warned that the continuation of such violations “would undermine efforts to achieve stability and increase tensions in the region,” calling on the United Nations and the UN Security Council to “assume their legal and moral responsibilities by taking urgent and effective measures to deter the occupation authorities from their aggressive practices and ensure their accountability according to international law provisions, guaranteeing the preservation of Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.”
Recommended for you
Exhibition City Completes About 80% of Preparations for the Damascus International Fair Launch
Unified Admission Applications Start Tuesday with 640 Students to be Accepted in Medicine
Afghan Energy and Water Minister to Al Jazeera: We Build Dams with Our Own Funds to Combat Drought
Iron Price on Friday 15-8-2025: Ton at 40,000 EGP
Al-Jaghbeer: The Industrial Sector Leads Economic Growth
Love at First Sight.. Karim Abdel Aziz and Heidi: A Love That Began with a Family Gathering and 20 Years of Marriage